Pages

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Evaluation question 3

What kind of institution might distribute your media product and why ?

I wanted my magazine to be distributed by Hearst magazine UK, I did not want my magazine to be distributed by ICP as they distribute magazine such as 'Q', 'NME' and 'Kerrange!'. This would then increase my competition, as 'Tune' is a similar magazine to the magazine distributed by ICP which would make it difficult for my magazine has its own identity and popularity.

 Hearst magazine UK is well known for distributing fashion and life style magazine such as 'Cosmopolitan' even though this is not a music magazine, the distributor will be well known and my magazine will attract other types of magazine as well as my own.

I think that Hearst magazine will be a suitable distributer for my magazine because my magazine will be the first magazine that they will distribute and for it to be successful they will make a marketing campaign and will have a large enough budget to make the magazine attract a target audience.

Hearst magazine distribute magazines for male and female audiences and my magazine is also aimed at both genders. I think this would be good for Hearst magazine to distribute my magazine because they will be the first fashion and lifestyle magazine to be distributing a music magazine which would be an advantage for them to be distributing and launching a new magazine which will attract and gain the attention of a large target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment