Pages

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Evaluation question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

The magazine that I have created does follow the typical conventions of a Indie/Rock magazine, I wanted to follow the main aspects of this type of genre so that the audience could recognize it straight away. I wanted to follow the typical conventions so that it is easy for my magazine to fit in with the genre, however, even though I followed the styling of an Indie/Rock magazine I do think that I created a magazine that has its own identity and style. I did this by looking at other Indie/Rock magazines and got some ideas to add to my own magazine.

For my front cover, I used the colours black, red, grey and white so that the audience can immediately realise the genre off that magazine, I added white to my colour scheme to make it look slightly different. I knew that my magazine has to be eye catching so that it can instantly grab the readers eye and I did this by making the masthead of my front cover red bold and large with added effects to make it stand out more. The image I used is a typical close up off my model, I think that it makes the magazine look more effective and the image looks eye catching, I also think that being able to use a close up means that I can have less sell lines around my front cover and the main focus can be on the image to make my magazine look more effective.

For my contents page, I changed the look and I think this is how I changed it to have its own identity. I created different sections the same in all contents page. But I used a long-shot image and used that as my background and faded it out a little so it wasn’t the main focus. The colours that i’ve used are red and black, red page numbers and black text. I've sectioned it out easily so that the readers can see what categories they want to look at.

I created two double page spreads, my first double page spread is a large mid-shot picture off my artist, i used an outdoor picture which is different and I think it looks really effective, i also added a pull quote on top of the picture. They both make the double page spread look effective. I used the colour red for the pull quote but a darker colour as it complements the picture as the background in the picture is dark green because of the blurred effect of the trees you can see in the background.

For my second double page spread, this is where the main article is. I used two pictures and fitted the text around the picture so it looks professional. The pictures I used look effective i enlarged them to fill the page up and make the stand out more. My model is wearing red heels in one them with goes with the red theme of my magazine and also makes her look dangerous as well as love and it goes with her Indie/Rock image. The clothes that she is wearing make her look like an Indie/Rock artist.  The colour that I used is black and dark red which goes with the previous double page spread that I created.

No comments:

Post a Comment