Pages

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Evaluation question 2


How does your media product represent particular social groups?

For my magazine I think I have represented my social group quite well. The look of the magazine looks like it’s aimed at upper class/ middle class. The effect of using grey in my front cover makes my magazine look sophisticated, I also used and black white and this make my magazine look elegant as black and white complement each other well. The added effect of red makes my magazine stand out, and you can also tell what the genre of my magazine is.

For my front cover, I tried to create sell lines which would relate to my tagret audience, for example I used 'best album 2011' this would appeal to my audience who are frequently listening to indie music and who will want to know the best album for 2011. The colours that i have used represent the genre well, which attracts my target audience. I also think that the image I used represented how I wanted my musician too look, I made her pose in her picture so it looks dangerous. Danger is something that relates a lot to a Indie/rock magazine, and I think I have represented it well, the picture is a close up so you can see her facial expression quite well and the audience can relate to her.

Another page which I thinks represents my social group well is my first double page spread, as I think the image that I used is very exaggerated and even though there is only a pull quote on the page, the page says a lot. I think the picture looks quite upper-class from the way it has been taken and the font I used for the pull quote adds a sophisticated look as I made the font italic which adds the extra effect.

Furthermore, the Mise-en-scene of my magazine represents the social group of my magazine well, the look of my model looks quite middle class/upper class, in my article draft I made her wear red high heels again the colour red because it related well to the genre of my magazine as well as making my model look sophisticated and glamorous. The clothes that my model wears are stylish, and make her look like a rock chick which adds to the look of the genre of my magazine. It also appeals too teenagers in middle class because her clothes are quite normal looking. I think that the front cover pictures represents my social group well it adds to the elegant look of the magazine, a close-up shot of her adds an up class effect to the overall look.

The tone of the article is something which will appeal to a young audience, the article is about a musician who is a new comer and has succeeded well for an Indie artist. This will appeal to my audience well as they'll want to know more about her success and what else she has lined up for her fans. I used two pictures and enlarged them, one of the pictures she is wearing clothes which really represent her image and the magazine well, I think wearing a leather jacket shorts and a top represent the  magazine well the red heels balance it out by making her look glamorous and devious.

No comments:

Post a Comment